Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help learnding more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

markland556

Well i went and bought the EasyPic4 board from micro.com. It might have not been the best choice but i did it. I had though it would come with some actual info or like a book to learn from. I have no experiance programmin PICs. Does anyone have any websites that are great for learning? I just need to start learning how to do all this stuff.

What language do you plan on programming in?

Check out Nigel's tutorials...(there's a link in his sig).

I was thinking BASIC but im not so sure. I have looked at Nigel's tutorials and they just seem to start out at a little higher level than im at.

markland556 said:
I was thinking BASIC but im not so sure. I have looked at Nigel's tutorials and they just seem to start out at a little higher level than im at.

Yes, they assume you've read the datasheets and played around a bit! For a simpler startng point try the free book at **broken link removed** - where your board comes from!.

I would suggest using C instead of BASIC. MikroC is pretty easy to use and has a very nice library, including schematics for hooking things up. definitely aimed at the beginner. You can get a 2K instruction limited version for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back