Help learnding more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

markland556

Well i went and bought the EasyPic4 board from micro.com. It might have not been the best choice but i did it. I had though it would come with some actual info or like a book to learn from. I have no experiance programmin PICs. Does anyone have any websites that are great for learning? I just need to start learning how to do all this stuff.

What language do you plan on programming in?

Check out Nigel's tutorials...(there's a link in his sig).

I was thinking BASIC but im not so sure. I have looked at Nigel's tutorials and they just seem to start out at a little higher level than im at.

markland556 said:
I was thinking BASIC but im not so sure. I have looked at Nigel's tutorials and they just seem to start out at a little higher level than im at.

Yes, they assume you've read the datasheets and played around a bit! For a simpler startng point try the free book at **broken link removed** - where your board comes from!.

Also look at miikrobasic for a free starter compiler. Think that is at mikroe.com as well.

I would suggest using C instead of BASIC. MikroC is pretty easy to use and has a very nice library, including schematics for hooking things up. definitely aimed at the beginner. You can get a 2K instruction limited version for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…