Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me build a Temperature Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobb

Hi.

I have an electronic device for which I designed a heater for. I would like to build some sort of temperature switch that will turn on the heater when temperatures are below 0C, then cut power to the heater once temperatures are above 0C. Maybe someone can suggest a simple way of accomplishing this? Preferably with cheap and common parts. Thanks.

Well my thoughts are that a relay could turn on via a thyristor and a transistor...but that only deals with turning it on below a certain temp...you'd have to have some way of turning off the relay below the temp...or maybe two relays.

My guess is you definitely need a relay somewhere.

nobb said:
Hi.

I have an electronic device for which I designed a heater for. I would like to build some sort of temperature switch that will turn on the heater when temperatures are below 0C, then cut power to the heater once temperatures are above 0C. Maybe someone can suggest a simple way of accomplishing this? Preferably with cheap and common parts. Thanks.

They make thermostatic switches for just this purpose, just plug it in your outlet and then plug your heater in. Keeps your pipes from freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back