Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me T_T about 24secs shot clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

inhineer

who can help me how to build a 24secs shot clock by the use of 74LS190 IC,,pls help me T_T

P.S. it should be pause and continue

Here it is put into a circuit:
**broken link removed**

From this circuit you can see how to connect a 555 to it. This will "clock" the chip.

Now get the pin out of the chip:

**broken link removed**

Now get the function(s) of the chip:

74LS190 PRESETTABLE BCD/DECADE UP/DOWN COUNTERS PRESETTABLE 4-BIT BINARY UP/DOWN COUNTERS

Now get the data sheet:
**broken link removed**
and look at the block diagram to see how the chip works.

You can see the outputs are Q0, Q1, etc.
These are outputs of a flip flop and they divide the incoming frequency by 2, so that if you have a clock from the 555 that takes 12 seconds for a HIGH and 12 seconds for a LOW, the first output Q0 will send out a HIGH for 24 seconds and a LOW for 24 seconds.
Increase the clock frequency and you can output from Q4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back