Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Needed 4 Video Storage+replay Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbiest_2k3

hi
i need to build one device, in which i can storge/programme some audio+video+image.
when power on this device, it play the stored information for one time only. next time it will play one power reset.
storage time can be 1-2 mins only.
video output PAL compitable.
i searched web but nothing found.

thanks
regards
hobbiest_2k3
@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Could you not just use an existing product e.g. digital camera, laptop computer and perform some mods to it (connect across the buttons etc. or just write some software) to perform this function?

There are digital picture frames, that have all kinds of timing options. Haven't really explored mine yet (no interest), but know I can set the time it starts running, shuts off, or even how long it plays. Which is pretty close, and around $25 (6" screen? maybe a little larger). Will post a model number after work. Anyhow, can't imagine doing this from scratch, at a reasonable cost or time frame, unless you have lots of time and money, and love a good challenge.

Thanks for your quick reply.
i think i need to do it from scratch. as i intend to build it as standalone unit.
Hard work no problem with me, i usually goto sleep at 2-3am and wake up at 7am by all means.
i just wish to do it wilh little smart way, thats why i posted a request here.

project is something like this:-

needed one circuit which can store max 2min of video+audio from AV input.
once stored, it can playback stored info as AV output.

however it looks simple, but cant find proper ics for this project.

with best regards
hobbiest_2k3
@yahoo.com

does no one have any idea, how to do it ?
Here's a not very creative idea how to do it:

You could just digitise it using a fast ADC, store it on some memory (e.g a hard disk) in raw format (don't worry about a file system), and play it back from the memory through a DAC. All addressing and disk interfacing can be done with logic ICs.

Apparently PAL bandwidth is 5MHz, so you'll need to sample at at least 10Msps. I've no idea what bit resolution you'd need to capture, but I'd start with at least an 8 bit ADC.

Thanks
dougy83

but this process will be expansive as well as complicated.
as i only need playback time of max 2 min of standard PAL video.

Ok, i try to do it in more simple way :)

i think so :)

let us assume, i have video in SD Card, now, how can i interface this sd card , so that it just play pre stored video and provide Video out.
circuit cost needed to be minimum.

regards
hobbiest_2k3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back