Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed determining amps for motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 1/3 of an Amp, but that is a rough estimate. It could be twice that, or half that. However, I am fairly certain that it is more than 1/10 Amp and less than 1 Amp.

That is based on two things. The motor run capacitors are 6 and 4 uF, which will allow about 1/4 of an amp to flow at 120 V and 60 Hz. Also, the maximum cable resistance, from the table on the data sheet is about 20 ohms. If 1/3 amp flows, that gives voltage drop of 7 V, which isn't too bad at 120 V. It's unlikely to be more than 20 V, as that could start to give trouble, and there would be no point in specifying cable with a 2 V drop or less, as it would make users buy more expensive cable than was needed.

Why you do not contact the company it self .. ?

There is no electrical data at this paper..

thanks for your reply. im still a bit confused as what the amps required. i pretty new to eclectronics. i have tried contacting the company but the document i posted is all the infomation they have on the mount. i did find a doc on the controller though **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back