Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needing code to be remade for another PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar64

Hey everyone been looking at guides to program PIC's for about a month and am still kinda new to it and I need the code for some PIC12F509's have about 10 of them sitting around was going to use them for PWM for a CNC Machine but I only needed 4 of them so I have some spare Can anyone convert this code to work with the PIC12F509's even if it takes more then one PIC to do it that would be fine just let me know and thanks for all the help its going to be a good project for starters and for something to do

Attachments

• LED.asm
    42.2 KB · Views: 111
Is it even possible to do im not to sure as it is a great deal of code
Of course it's possible. Pretty simple stuff. There's just quite a few lines to go through. Chances are that large parts of the code won't have to be changed at all, provided you wired things similarly to the new PIC as they were to the old.

Just have both the original code PIC's datasheet as well as your new PIC's datasheet on screen and start going through it, making changes as necessary to suit the new PIC.

Of course it's possible. Pretty simple stuff. There's just quite a few lines to go through. Chances are that large parts of the code won't have to be changed at all, provided you wired things similarly to the new PIC as they were to the old.

Just have both the original code PIC's datasheet as well as your new PIC's datasheet on screen and start going through it, making changes as necessary to suit the new PIC.

Except the 509 only has a two address deep stack and that code is at least 4 calls deep. It also doesn't have the return instruction.:eek::D:D:D

Mike.

Thanks everyone for the help anyone know any fun projects that use the 509 don't really just want to put them in the trash complete waste of PIC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back