Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on interfacing stepper motor to AT89C51

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazytwism

i need help on interfacing a stepper motor to AT89C51 especially how to make the stepper motor turn in a given angle and to make the motor turn such that it will stop at specific positions(clockwise and anticlockwise).if anyone can point any links to sites where u can interface stepper motor to microcontroller AT89C51 i wud be most glad.

i am confused by the specifications of stepper motor

pls help
thanx in advance

crazytwism said:
i need help on interfacing a stepper motor to AT89C51 especially how to make the stepper motor turn in a given angle and to make the motor turn such that it will stop at specific positions(clockwise and anticlockwise).if anyone can point any links to sites where u can interface stepper motor to microcontroller AT89C51 i wud be most glad.

i am confused by the specifications of stepper motor

Do a google search for 'stepper motor tutorial', there is loads of information out there. It's VERY easy to interface and drive a stepper motor, but they only offer RELATIVE positioning, so you can move a specific number of steps, either clockwise or anticlockwise, but you've no way of knowing where it might be pointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back