Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on PIC16F84 - Free Fall Motion Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

phpadik

Hi.

Our group has a research project which aims to make a free fall motion timer that will measure the actual time of flight of a free falling object. We are having problems on some parts as described on our project's blog site.

Please care to check it **broken link removed** if possible. Thanks a lot.

Will the object being timed have the pic as a payload? Or is it being used as a simple start stop detector using leds and phototransistors?
How are you going to get a 16F84 to detect freefall?

If you are attaching the pic to the object, you would be better off using an accelerometer chip (Freescale.com) and a 16F676 or similar...
The 16F84 is an obsolete part...

Even tho i have no experience in this actually i know it in concept. I learned alot i mean alot from here

**broken link removed**

check out the links on the left especially "**broken link removed**"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back