Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on the 2732

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambo99

Hi i have TOP853 Programer I check the VPP and every thing is working ok but I need to no how long is best to Erase the 2732A as it still has Error Address line or is there other ways to Erase the 2732 I have put the 2732 in the Eraser and still has Error in Address line

It depends on the eraser, I've had erasers that vary from 3 mins to an hour. Do ten mins and then a blank test, repeat until blank.

Mike.

I been told that because I Erase for 2 hours I can Damage the chip if so I still can program the chip but still have Error Address line and I can Erase 100 time and still have Error the where like that when I got then new

Last edited:
That is why I suggested doing it for 10 mins and then do a blank check. Once you have an erased chip then you will know how long to erase a chip for.

Mike.

Hi i have TOP853 Programer I check the VPP and every thing is working ok but I need to no how long is best to Erase the 2732A as it still has Error Address line or is there other ways to Erase the 2732 I have put the 2732 in the Eraser and still has Error in Address line

hi,
Is it a 2732 or a 2732A EPROM, their Vpp's are not the same, they are 25V and 21V respectively.

hi,
You say in your PM its a 2732A , Vpp=21V.

If you are checking for a good erase, you should read 'FF' for every location.

When it reports an error, what is the address and whats the byte data at that address.???

I assume that the EPROM window is clean when you are using the UV eraser.??

Have you tried reprogramming the full EPROM with 'FF's.. then doing an Erase check read.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back