Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help only 1 min..its a easy task if you now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKS

Hi,

following situation:

- Pic controller
- 12V DC relais, 230Ohm

1 7812
1 7805

how can i switch the relais on using the output pin of a pic???
i thought it could be done with a transistor??

some one suggestions?? i already have the follwing stuff:
- BC547C trans.
- UCC27322P, 9A mosfet pdip version Texas Instru..

please give a suggestion.

TKS

PIC's output is 5V at most, and you need 12V to switch the relay coil. So you will need a transistor, you'll hook one side of the coil to 12V and the other to a transistor which will ground the other side when on. So you'll need an N-channel MOSFET or an npn bipolar with an emitter resistor.

The UCC27322P is a driver for a MOSFET gate, but the PIC pin can drive a gate on its own with no problems unless you've got a "special needs" application. I don't know what a BC547C is.

Regardless of which transistor you use, you must put a diode across the coil because it kicks out a high voltage surge when turned off.

You might also be able to switch the load directly with a transistor (no relay), depending on what you need to do.

this rocks...

it really rocks...

this is quit enjoyfull!

i always liked electronics but after some time (desoldering etc..)

i now have all the **** hooked up right!

i love it when a plan comes together

thanxs allot guys

TKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back