HELP: opamp as filter amplifier!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave_dj88

hey all. i've started this project to do with a filter amplifier. All i know is that the input is AC and the output is DC amplified by 5.6 times the input. Thats it! i have no idea how the AC is converted to DC. i kno it has somethn to do with the capacitors and diodes, but i jus cant figure out how they do it!! cd sumone pls help me?? And is pin 3 grounded?? This is an inverting amplifier, right??

from were did you get this schematic?

the person whe drew it don't know the symbol of the op-amp..... it's hard to folow the schematic when you've been used for so long time to see the good old triagle!

Of course pin 3 is grounded. Yes it is an inverting amplifier. Its gain is 560k/100k= 5.6.

The output diode half-wave rectifies the output signal from the opamp and converts its peak to DC. The other diode stops the output of the opamp from going to a very low voltage on the half-waves that are not used.

capcitors??

tnx...but, what are the functions of the capacitors at the input and outputs?? I know enough about rectifiers to say that diodes alone are not enough to convert AC to a constant DC... btw, thnx a lot for the info, really is coming in handy!!

The input capacitor blocks DC that might come in the input. The opamp would amplify DC then its output might be saturated.

The output capacitor is charged quickly by the half-wave pulses through the diode from the opamp then it discharges slowly into the load until the next pulse charges it again. If the load doesn't discharge it much then it smooths the rectified DC. It is the only filter.

tnx a lot ppl. finally figured out this stuff. but i've been asked to give improvements to the circuit. the output must remain the same; the improvements must relate to efficiency, cost, suitability, stuff like that. any suggestions?? or any sources where i can get this sort of info??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…