Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost_alone

Hi all,
i have a problem that i have an electronic circuit powered with 5 dcV.
when i connect adapter 5 dcV and measure input socket voltage it reads only 0.94 dcV why this drop occurs ?
please help
thanks alot
goodbye

Alaa

Could be defective power adaptor
Could be defective voltmeter
Could be defective circuit

The the power supply with only the voltmeter attached. make sure its on DC and not AC. if the reading is 5v there could be a direct short in your circuit or a very, very small value resistor across the rails

Another possible is if you have an adapter that delivers 5 Volts at 300 mA and your load requires 5 volts at maybe 500 mA you are loading down the adapter. That assumes you are measuring the voltage with the adapter connected to the load. Did you measure the adapter voltage with or without the load connected?

Ron

Thanks All

Many thanks all,
i measured the adapter voltage it's 5 dcV ( it's the original adapter of that circuit ) and i tested it on another working circuit it works good.
lol i know there is a defective in the circuit but what's it ?
Best Regards,
Alaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back