Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

dre22

i am working on a kenwood amplifer and the ground and power outlets both have power going through them a sugestions on what could be the prolbem.
thank you

when i hook up the ground wire it sparks there is power going through the ground location if the power wire is hooked up. if the ground wire is hooked up then there ground going through the power block.

when the power is hooked up it flows all throught amp nothing is grounded iven the speaker outputs. if ground is hooked up at same time major sparks. If the ground is hooked up the entire amp is ground. Which ever one i hook up flows throught all the componets. The remote is the only thing on the amp that is not affected it can be hooked up at all times.

Last edited:
Help us a little bit.. I'm familiar with Car Audio repair.

Be more specific, What is the problem?

More details you will provide, better the chances are to have a good answer.

Please clarify problem

A couple of things to think about

Does has it a negative rail +ve 0v -ve

Think what might be across the rails that could have failed could be a supression cap Short Crcuited or perhaps a voltage regulator has gone-.

More info please

Dotnet

A small spark is normal when applying power. This is because it takes a little power to charge the capacitors in the amp. :)
A large spark, as in "wholly crap the wire just welded itself to the battery terminal and the wire is getting warm" means that your amp is now toast. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back