HELP {please}

Status
Not open for further replies.

atari7202

i have asked this question before but did not under stand the responce so i am going to ask agian, i have a microphone that transpheres my voice to a ampilfyer that put it over the classroom speakers i would like to modify the mic input for a line from example a ipod or somting of the sort and this is a tiny elect mic i think, the mic is no bigger than a quater of an inch please help and explain becuase i am a small tinkerer.

Basically it's just a matter of reducing the amplitude of the line level source such that it would be compatible with your mic level input to your amplifier.
Line level audio is in the 1 volt range will microphones are in the millivolt range, and unless you can attenuate the line level input it would overload your amp and possible cause damage and distortion as well as being way too loud.

This could be as simple as adding a volume control that would allow you to reduce the 1 volt line level down to some millivolt value for your amp.

Lefty

The problem here is that the microphone produces an analog signal. Your iPod takes files that have been digitized with an analog to digital converter.

You can probably connect the mocrophone to a sound card input for digitizing. You may need some software to turn the file into MP3 format for the iPod.

I don't think you've read the question properly? you're answering something completely different!.

All that's needed is a simple attenuator, two resistors - or even one would probably do?.

The iPod has an audio output level at its headphones jack of about 2V when it plays loud.
The microphone produces about 50mV when it receives very loud speech or singing.
Then you need to attenuate the 2V down to 50mV and turn down the mic volume control knob to about half.

The attenuator is a 100 ohm resistor across the mic input of the amplifier and a 2k resistor in series from each channel from the iPod headphones jack. Connect the grounds together.

Attachments

• attenuator2.PNG
    6.3 KB · Views: 134
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…