Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help programing first pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaston

i am trying to program a pic with nigel's led tutorial. im also using the programer on his site. im not sure what all of the different oscillator types are or which one to use.

Load the HEX file, generated from the tutorial, into WinPicPro and all the correct settings should be there.

thanks, i didn't realize this was done for you. i see the config word is the same as in the instruction code.

Gaston said:
i am trying to program a pic with nigel's led tutorial. im also using the programer on his site. im not sure what all of the different oscillator types are or which one to use.
It depends upon what type of oscillator you have in the hardware.

For example, if it is a crystal oscillator then you need HS or XT.

Or if it is an RC osc. then you need to set the config word for that option.

i see the config word is the same as in the instruction code.
If you fiddle with the check boxes in WinPicPro you'll see the config word change. Reload the HEX file and they will change back to the instruction code values.
It depends upon what type of oscillator you have in the hardware.
Nigels tuts using the 16F628 use the internal oscillator. When the 16F876 is being used then it needs a crystal oscillator.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back