Help regarding adc then Pwm

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hi,

I want help for ADC then to PWM , i have no idea f any uC ..which one to use if there is any chip for that please suggest and my H-BRIDGES is complete so, i want to control speed od DC motors...!!

Thanks

You want to run an analog signal into a uC and have the ADC function control the PWM signal out of a uC? Would that be what you want to do? While I am not a PIC Guru or programming type I have done it using a simple little PICAXE chip and I am sure just about any uC could do it. Should you wish to use a uC this would likely fare better in the uC sections of the forums.

Ron

some of the low end PICs have a PWM counter inside them (from memory it is timer 2). You can read in an ADC value, if it is greater than 8 bits, take out the most significant 8 bits, load this into the PWM counter and off you go. if you can program PICs it is fairly straight forward to do

Some of the PICs have bridge driver options on the PWM. (the PWM has 1, 2 or 4 outputs (ttl level) ) You can set the 2 outputs to have dead time between the top MOSFET and the bottom MOSFET.

This would likely go better if you post a drawing of your H bridge circuit. Yes, it can be done using discreet components rather than using a uC. Since you mentioned ADC that sort of implies using a uC. You could use a triangle wave generator feeding a comparator and vary the ref voltage to the comparator (analog voltage in) to control the PWM out. However, you make no mention of what the analog voltage(s) will be? Therefore the replies are generic in nature. What exactly do you want to do and what do you already have?

Ron

OK, the input of H-BRIDGES is kept to work on 5V, so i made 1.4V logic for reference.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/attachments/riteshmotor-jpg.60122/
thread.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/help-regarding-h-briges.124567/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…