Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help regarding voltage regulators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjotjjotjjot

Hi! I'm currently having problems with my voltage regulator circuit. My input voltage is 42V. My first voltage regulator steps down input 42V into about to 12V, I then paralleled a L7805CV that uses the 12V as its input to have an output of 5 volts. I used the output of the L7805CV as an input to a LM317 voltage regulator. The problem is that when I measure the output at the LM317, I only get about 0.5-0.54V when I configured it to have an output voltage of 3.3v. can anyone please help me? Thanks.

Have you got it wired correctly? Note that the LM317 has a different pinout to the 7805 & 7812.

LM317 needs about 3v across it. Try jacking up the output of the L7805CV. Or make the input of the LM317 12v.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back