Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help selective a Video/RGB CCTV MUX IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

joylove

Hi there

I did a search on "CCTV Mux", "Video Mux" and "Video scaler" but couldn't find anything relevant.

I have a project that I wish to do based around CMOS cameras and an RGB (SoG) source. The projects is three CCTV cameras and a video feed. Depending on condiotn s, there will either be the RGB image or a mux of the cameras and the RGB viewable on the LCD monitor.

I would like to use a PIC to command a video Mux chip into displaying the feeds in either a 2x1 or 2x2 or 1x1 matrix arrangement. The video feeds and monitor will be low resolution (QVGA, 480p and/or WQVGA).

Although I know electronics, I do not know anything about suppliers or part numbers for such a device, (an RGB, composite, digitally controlled video mux IC).

Does anyone know who makes chips in this area? I may scale back to composite video only if it can't support RGB simultaneously in the MUX.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back