help (sine wave oscillator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazz_blues8088

Hi! I need a simple schematic diagram of an oscillator circuit that would produce a sine wave and varying frequency. And its bandwith should not be less than 100 kHz. Thanks!!!

jazz_blues8088 said:
Hi! I need a simple schematic diagram of an oscillator circuit that would produce a sine wave and varying frequency. And its bandwith should not be less than 100 kHz. Thanks!!!

Try googling for "wein bridge".

Nigel Goodwin said:
Try googling for "wein bridge".

Been there, done that: Boing, boing, bounce, bounce.
The 10Hz settling time was nearly forever. I ended-up using back-to-back LEDs as a peak limiter of the bouncing to speed-up the settling.

I made this circuit, using MC33077 high-speed opamps, a dual supply and LEDs. I swapped the R's and C's for lower distortion. It reached past 100kHz:
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• oscillator.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 532

It's the price you pay for low distortion, if low distortion isn't an issue you can use diode clamps (as in your circuit) - but distortion will be many times higher.

Why not just use a XR2206 or an ICL8038. Not Perfect, but there definately Simple to work with.

chemelec said:
Why not just use a XR2206 or an ICL8038. Not Perfect, but there definately Simple to work with.

Horrible! :lol:

They don't really produce a sinewave at all, they just 'chop the corners off' a triangle wave for nice high distortion :lol:

However, something that crude might be all he requires?, he's never really specified what it's for?.

This is about as simple as it gets. This is the basic circuit used in the HP200CD.

Attachments

• sine_wave_osc.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 491

Well he Didn't say he needed Low distortion, but the XR2206 is capable of down to 0.5% Thats not too bad. And it Definately covers the Frequency range, plus the bonus of other waveforms.

Besides there quite easy to obtain.

I could even send him one for free.

You could try a common emmitter phase shift oscillator, 100kHz is just about high enough of an LC oscillator, a hartley or colpitts should be also easilly doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…