Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help! voltage dropping to 0 on panasonic TX-50DX802B

beanlette

hello, i've been trying to diagnose and fix an oddly behaving panasonic TX-50DX802B. i would greatly appreciate anyone's help or guidance!

the voltage drops to zero every minute or so. i'm currently battling with just a steady red LED that only flashes when a button on the remote is pressed. no picture, no sound. in addition, every minute or so, the LED turns off for a second, then back on.

the TV worked for over a year (bought second hand), then suddenly was unable to switch to any input, then would freeze after a few seconds of power, to this. It's been a slow death!

below are some multimeter results for standby voltages compared with the service manual:
IMG_4841.jpeg

(16V as expected, 5V as expected, and 64V as expected. i've linked the service manual at the bottom.)

nothing out of the ordinary - except - roughly once a minute, the voltages for the 16V and the 64V return to zero. the 5.3V seems mostly unaffected, dipping a few tenths of volt. this coincides with the red LED turning off and on.

i have carefully visually inspected every capacitor on the p-board and found no cracking or swelling on any of them. is it still possible one is causing this? and should i be taking them off one by one, discharging them, and testing their capacitance? there are no replacement p-boards online for this TV at the moment.

i have attached a picture of the board, just in case.
IMG_4846.jpeg

would really appreciate any help or tips. thanks!

service manual:

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back