Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help..subtitute for SMD Capasitor value 0.1uF 25V +80-20%??

Status
Not open for further replies.

imam

Dear readers...

I lost one of smd capacitor on my VGA card, its value is " 0.1uF 25V +80-20% " what the meaning with phrase +80-20%??
In my town very hard to find the smd capacitor with value above, I have been found only general smd value 0.1uF 50V it's save? Or do you know the subtitute for 0.1uF 25V +80-25%??

Thanks for your attention and help

Imam

Re: help..subtitute for SMD Capasitor value 0.1uF 25V +80-20

imam said:
Dear readers...

I lost one of smd capacitor on my VGA card, its value is " 0.1uF 25V +80-20% " what the meaning with phrase +80-20%??
In my town very hard to find the smd capacitor with value above, I have been found only general smd value 0.1uF 50V it's save? Or do you know the subtitute for 0.1uF 25V +80-25%??

The +80-25% is the tolerance, so the value can be 80% higher than 0.1uF, or 25% lower.

Your 0.1uF 50V will be fine (assuming it will fit!).

Re: help..subtitute for SMD Capasitor value 0.1uF 25V +80-20

Nigel Goodwin said:
.....Your 0.1uF 50V will be fine (assuming it will fit!).

sorry... what the mean "50V", it's not too hight replaced "25V"??
+80-20% it's for 0.1uF, 25V or both??
excuse my english :)

thx
imam

+80-20% is only for the 0.1µF, not the voltage.
You can replace it with your 0.1µF 50V capacitor. You may always replace with a higher voltage part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back