Help,the fire alarm has gone off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtimer

Anybody know what this is,it's in a lynxr ademco security system in the house I've just moved into,the previous owner didn't leave the code so I'm trying to work it out.

It's a 44 pin square surface mount 11 on each side.

Printed on top is:-

P8751RD +4A

KQV775

Phr0033

Thanks in advance.

Presumably it's a micro-controller?, which is probably mask-programmed for the application, so it's no help whatsoever knowing that!.

Have you tried 1234? I think my Ademco systems were preprogrammed with that code. It's possible that neither the installer nor the owner changed it.
It's a long shot, but easy to try.

Not such a long shot, you would be surprised ( maybe not, LOL ) at how many people either can't figure out how to change it, or just plain leave it.

Remember the cars with digital entry access on the door handles, the 2 number push buttons? Amazingly many people never changed it from the last digits of the VIN code, which is clearly visiable through the windshield. DUH.
For laughs we would try the VIN code on cars in parking lots, sad how many unlocked.

I would call the local Ademco office and ask for assistance. If they want you as a subscriber they will likely help you out. Often there are "superviser" codes that will reset the system.

oldtimer said:
.... P8751RD +4A

KQV775

Phr0033
It is a generic NMOS 8051 with a one time programmable EPROM. The die would be UV eraseable if there was a quartz window in a ceramic package. In a plastic package the UV rays just can't get to the die to do their job. There are probably guys on the internet who will tell you how to saw the package in half without damaging the wire bonds. Personally I've got better things to do than trying to slice and dice IC packages.

As far as I know, Ademco is only a hardware vendor. I don't think they provide monitoring services. They protect their dealer/installer network by not selling retail. I have gotten systems for two houses by using a friend's account at the local wholesaler. He acted as contractor on the last two houses he built, so he had an account there.
The manual is not user-friendly, as it is aimed at professional installers whom I believe Ademco provides training for. The installers also have access to higher-level computer-based programming tools. They are a pain in the hindal region for a guy like me to set up, but it is possible.
All this applies to relatively new models (less than 5 years old). I'm not familiar with older versions.

Last I heard Ademco was bought out by Honeywell, in some of the older systems the default code was the panels model # which is printed on the panel door..

Thank you all that makes sense, dummy me i see now, there is 1234 written on the front of the manual but being stupid I never thought it would be the code,just an example.

oldtimer said:
Thank you all that makes sense, dummy me i see now, there is 1234 written on the front of the manual but being stupid I never thought it would be the code,just an example.
Does that mean 1234 works as your password?

Partly in that it arms it but doesn't turn off the alarm if I open a door. I have to pull the plug to stop that awful racket mind you I can arm it simply by preesing STAY.If I arm it with 1234 it is armed with a delay but I open the door the alarm sounds then I punch in 1234 OFF and the alarm carries on with its racket so I have to pull the plug.The battery is a bit low since it hasn't been charged for a long time. In the manual it says a one beep when you press a button means its been accepted and it gives one beep. Strange innit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…