help! voltage dropping to 0 on panasonic TX-50DX802B

beanlette

hello, i've been trying to diagnose and fix an oddly behaving panasonic TX-50DX802B. i would greatly appreciate anyone's help or guidance!

the voltage drops to zero every minute or so. i'm currently battling with just a steady red LED that only flashes when a button on the remote is pressed. no picture, no sound. in addition, every minute or so, the LED turns off for a second, then back on.

the TV worked for over a year (bought second hand), then suddenly was unable to switch to any input, then would freeze after a few seconds of power, to this. It's been a slow death!

below are some multimeter results for standby voltages compared with the service manual:

(16V as expected, 5V as expected, and 64V as expected. i've linked the service manual at the bottom.)

nothing out of the ordinary - except - roughly once a minute, the voltages for the 16V and the 64V return to zero. the 5.3V seems mostly unaffected, dipping a few tenths of volt. this coincides with the red LED turning off and on.

i have carefully visually inspected every capacitor on the p-board and found no cracking or swelling on any of them. is it still possible one is causing this? and should i be taking them off one by one, discharging them, and testing their capacitance? there are no replacement p-boards online for this TV at the moment.

i have attached a picture of the board, just in case.

would really appreciate any help or tips. thanks!

service manual:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…