Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help?? will this circuit work...buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickkh

Basically I am making a timed buzzer, it itermitently works, some times it does, sometimes it doesn't.
Can anyone help??
Maybe give me some idea of the currents it should use, how would I calculate currents/voltages at different points?

Attachments

• circuit1.JPG
    circuit1.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 153
You saved and uploaded your schematic as a fuzzy JPG file type, instead of as a very clear GIF or PNG file type.
So I can't see any text.

Thank you, the GIF file type is much clearer. It also takes 1/3rd the amount of memory space.

The 555 ICs draw a huge current spike when they switch their output. That is why the datasheet for the LM555 recommends a 0.1uF ceramic cpacitor in parallel with a 1uF electrolytic supply bypass capacitors mounted as close to each 555 supply pins as you can.

With proper supply bypass capacitors, the buzzer will beep when you push and hold down the button. Then after a couple of seconds the buzzer will stop and the LED will light for a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back