Help with a simple S-Video to composite adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Rain

Well, I've made my second "real" electronic device... (ever) and it doesn't work. :lol: Actually, I'm quite proud of myself because it works correctly with one of my TVs, but it only shows up in black and white on the other (the one I made it for... of course...). When I wiggle the S-Video connector, it will flicker from black and white to color with red lines in it. So, I re-soldered my connections, made sure everything was nice and tight, checked each connection for shorts, and it doesn't flicker when I wiggle it now. Problem is, it's in black and white now. It's odd, because you would think that now that the connections are tight, it would be in color, the way it should be. It's almost as though the DISconnection of one of my pins was making it show up in color. I worked off of these directions: **broken link removed** If anyone can tell me what might be wrong, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Rain

I think it's fairly obvious that the circuit is crude in the extreme?, and I would have thought it's very dependent on the particular TV that you connect to.

You also don't mention what the source is?, it's possible that it's also non-standard?, and one TV can cope with it, and the other can't. A LOT depends on the exact chip set used, some are multi-standard and will automatically switch, others are rigidly set to only one standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…