Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kookie22

Is there a place one can go to get help with electronics design without breaking the bank? Like electronics students who can design and build pcb prototypes for some small projects, i don't really have the budget for a big commercial venture. I've found similar help sites for stuff like graphics arts and web design, but not electronics.
Thanks!

Does "help" mean you are doing most of the work and need technical help or advice?

Does "help" mean you want someone else to do most of the work? If this is the case you are likely to find that the quality and amount of work done by others is related to their motivation - if it's money then expect less for paying less.

With the above in mind - your situation might present an opportunity for a professor/teacher to give students some real world experience in exchange for their labor - whether in design or construction. You might contact local schools - high schools or universities, depending on what you are looking for and where you live.

stevez said:
Does "help" mean you are doing most of the work and need technical help or advice?

Does "help" mean you want someone else to do most of the work? If this is the case you are likely to find that the quality and amount of work done by others is related to their motivation - if it's money then expect less for paying less.

With the above in mind - your situation might present an opportunity for a professor/teacher to give students some real world experience in exchange for their labor - whether in design or construction. You might contact local schools - high schools or universities, depending on what you are looking for and where you live.

Very true. I have had several opportunities like what you mentioned by applying my students to do the work. Many times, it culminates in a semseter design project, one of the classes I teach (senior design). Some examples can be seen here:**broken link removed**

One other thing to keep in mind - designs can be flawed as a result of simple mistakes, misunderstandings, lack of skill, etc. A flawed design taken to development, manufacturing and finally, to the customer can be terribly expensive - possibly costing more than you ever saved up front. You may have accounted for that but I thought it worth mentioning.

Thanks, i thought of going to a local electronics school, but was wondering if there was anything similar that could be found online. Like when you go to www.gaf.com you can post a message explaining your requirements and find help from programmers, graphic designers, etc.

I would think others here might be interested in helping with the project. What are you trying to build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back