Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with guitar 'gate' effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag

i'm using a 16f873A PIC with 2 8-bit DIP switches connected to ports B and C (inputs). One of the pins on port A is connected to the gate of a FET, which forms part of a variable gain circuit through which the guitar signal passes. my plan is that the user sets each of the 16 switches to 1 or 0 to form a musical pattern as in a 16 step sequencer. the jfet cuts the signal level in and out.

I'm stuck with how to implement a tempo control? ie should I use an external clock and use a main loop that has fixed duration, or keep the system clock fixed, read in a pot using an ADC pin and do something fancy with the code?

damn, actually i can see a way to achieve what i want - with a tempo clock clocking a 4 bit counter controlling a 16 to 1 MUX. moral of the story: keep it is simple, don't assume the answer to everthing is a pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back