Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Java program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentine

First, i know this might not be d right place 4 dis question but i don't know what else to do. I've been writing some java programs with jGrasp and NetBeans. I can't run these programs without the source code. Pls how can i create a .EXE file or .jar file so that the program can be run on another system.

as far as i know that is imposible because java is an os that is run on embeded systems aswell as Windows and are run from the command promt. however im not completely sure so somone would need to comfirm it

EDIT. look here : **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Java compiles to platform-independent bytecode (.class files), which is not directly supported by PC hardware. So a Java program needs a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to run, which would either interpret the bytecode instructions or compile them to native code on the fly. This in turn means that the author of that program has to ensure somehow that the proper version of the JRE is installed on an end user system.

I would suggest you **broken link removed** as a starter. Get to understand the JRE and since you don't mention any specific program or the goal of what you are writing it is hard to answer.

I would also suggest you begin reading here and work the tutorials if JAVA is your cup of tea.

If you want to write stand alone executable programs or applications I would suggest you look towards another language depending on what you want your programs to do.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back