help with pic18f4520

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenessFreak

i am new to microcontrollers... so i need help with typing the codes... i was wondering is there any websites that can help me with the codes? or is there anyone who can help me with the codes?

Please start by reading the sticky thread at the top of this forum entitled "Newcomers please read..."
It has plenty of information for beginners to microcontrollers, tutorials, links etc.

You really should start with a simpler chip, like the 16Fxxxx series. The 18F has twice as many instructions, it's also designed for advanced users and C programming.

Try using the free simulator as part of MPLAB. Why do you need an 18F as a first chip?

Better hit the books then, the MPLAB IDE simulator will give you a no cost head start. What school would dive in to PICs without looking at the 16F series first?

Some of it is, you'll have to read the datasheets. Try finding some 16F code and load it into the MPLAB simulator as an 18F4520. If it complains (you'll need to learn what config regs are different among other things though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…