Help with RF Switching system

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrowatzke

I am looking for some help designing a switching system controlled by RF.
The details of the project are as follows.
  • Large controller - small switch
  • Only one relay per switch
  • RF on 355 - 416 MHz
  • Low power switch (2.5v - 3.0v)
  • Uniquely code-able switches via 8 pin DIP
  • Coded transmission like garage door opener or car remote starter
  • Low cost
  • long range transmission (300+ feet)
  • up to 127 switches from one remote (all switches run on same frequency, just coded)
I am considering using the Linx RXD-433-KH2 receiver and the Linx TXE-433-KH Transmitter however the high price makes this option slightly out of reach. Essentially I want to make a remote switch that receives a code from the transmitter on the specified frequency the code would carry a unique 7 bit item code (for 127 codes) and an operational code 1 bit for latching or momentary this would be carried along with the ID code that is programmable the transmitter (unique code) to prevent accidental triggering by another transmitter. The switch end should hopefully be small and low power, I would like to run the device from 1 or two cr2032 3v batteries, it should also trigger a small normally open relay, this relay will be connected to a post terminal. The item code on the switch would be set by a 7 row DIP switch and the radio code could be stored in an EEPROM or something similar. I need help with this for sure I have some some switching before but never with radio. The following diagram is a working example of what I am looking for but the cost is too great at this point, as well as the fact that the system is large and has too many relays
**broken link removed**

Also some example circuits are here, but I am unaware of how to incorporate them https://www.rentron.com/remote_control/remotes.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…