Help with simple infrared led and components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saginar

Hi and thanks for giving this look. I am trying to find out what specific components I would need to create the following piece. I want a small, metal base, approx. 1"w x 1"d x 1/4"h hollow inside of course to house the components. Underneath this metal base I want to mount an infrared LED light. AND,.. when I touch the base the LED light comes on, when I let go of it, it turns off,... Kinda like those touch lamps, only momentary.

I know this is super simple, but my electronics knowledge is very limited. I can tell what a wall wart looks like and thats about it.. ANY help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks again,..

just out of cuiriosity, you won't be able to see the ir-led? I do remember seeing how to use a darlinton transistor as a touch sensor to light a led,

here is one

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
What would you like to know? I plan to use this base on top of a rear projection multi touch screen, hence the led underneath. and the rest of the piece is as stated. I would think a coin type / watch battery could be used as the power source, and when I touch the base it lights up. a momentary capacitive sensor attached to the base that would create a complete loop, and when let go the loop is broken, but I have NO idea about what the components need to be. What should the actual amperage and voltage of the power source be, what resistors or capacitors and the like. If I could get the short list of: this capacitor, with that led, and that battery etc, I can figure out the installation design. Hope this helped and let me know if I can offer anymore,.. I really appreciate the help guys,...

OK Just one more question. What exactly do you mean "an infrared LED light" is that IR LED data transmitter or simple red colour LED?

Umm,.Hmm,.. not sure really. I know that it is invisible to the human eye, but can be read by cameras. I don't think it actually tramsmitts and data though,.. It is like the kind on a remote control. that a wii console would "read".

THANK YOU !!!! This looks EXACTLY like what I was looking for,.. Thanks soo much for your help!

so what's your royalty % ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…