Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Sonance system

Status
Not open for further replies.

farlepet

I recently moved into a new house that has a Sonance speaker system throughout the house. There is a panel on the wall, but this does not seem to be functional right now (It won't turn on or display anything.) There is a small room that contained audio equipment, though it lacked a Sonance controller. There are two cable bundles, each with red, white, black, and green wires. These two bundles go to two seperate boards that connect these bundles to 4 other cables, which go into the wall (So I don't exactly know where they go.) I am assuming these are speaker connections, but I don't know which wires are which channel (If that assumption is even correct) I am wondering if any of you have any experience with a Sonance system and could help me out.

If you need any pictures of the setup, just ask.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Now after giving power to the IR exender, it seems the Sonance panel is functional, though I still do not know how to give it input.

Last edited:
Are there no speakers in the walls or ceilings?

Yes there are, my question was about wiring the receiver, though I figured that out now actually. The only remaining problem is how to program the panel, as it is programmed for a different set of equipment than what I have installed.

What is the model of the equipment you have? Is it Sonance or Sonos? Have you tried the Sonance website for answers?

I don't know the model of it (The panel in the well only says Sonance) but it is indeed a Sonance system. I have looked around, trying to find what model is closest to mine, and it is at least visually similar to the Navigator K2, I just don't know how to program the device yet.

Since it's not clear to me what components you have, could you show a schematic sketch of them and how they are connected?

If you mean the components I installed, I don't think that makes much of a difference in this situation, but:
Code:
DVD->TV<-Cable
     |     |      Main
+---------------+=======>Surround (in basement)
| Receiver      | Zone2  +-----+
+---------------+=======>| AMP |====>Sonance Whole-House audio (Both channels A and B (Don't know what A connects to yet))
  |         |            +-----+
+-----+    +---------------+
| CD  |<===| IR Connecting |<===IR receiver by basement TV
+-----+    | Block         |<===Sonance K2 Panel (Don't know how many other connections this device has, if any)
           +---------------+

Can't think of any more relevant connections off the top of my head.

You may be out of luck. The only info I found is that the keypad is no longer made or supported by Sonance. Have you tried contacting Sonance?

I contacted them yesterday (Through their web form) and asked if they could sell me a programming cable or, possibly, give me the pinout of the serial cable that was supposed to come with it. I have not gotten anything back yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back