Help with Sonance system

Status
Not open for further replies.

farlepet

I recently moved into a new house that has a Sonance speaker system throughout the house. There is a panel on the wall, but this does not seem to be functional right now (It won't turn on or display anything.) There is a small room that contained audio equipment, though it lacked a Sonance controller. There are two cable bundles, each with red, white, black, and green wires. These two bundles go to two seperate boards that connect these bundles to 4 other cables, which go into the wall (So I don't exactly know where they go.) I am assuming these are speaker connections, but I don't know which wires are which channel (If that assumption is even correct) I am wondering if any of you have any experience with a Sonance system and could help me out.

If you need any pictures of the setup, just ask.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Now after giving power to the IR exender, it seems the Sonance panel is functional, though I still do not know how to give it input.

Last edited:
Yes there are, my question was about wiring the receiver, though I figured that out now actually. The only remaining problem is how to program the panel, as it is programmed for a different set of equipment than what I have installed.

What is the model of the equipment you have? Is it Sonance or Sonos? Have you tried the Sonance website for answers?

I don't know the model of it (The panel in the well only says Sonance) but it is indeed a Sonance system. I have looked around, trying to find what model is closest to mine, and it is at least visually similar to the Navigator K2, I just don't know how to program the device yet.

Since it's not clear to me what components you have, could you show a schematic sketch of them and how they are connected?

If you mean the components I installed, I don't think that makes much of a difference in this situation, but:
Code:
DVD->TV<-Cable
     |     |      Main
+---------------+=======>Surround (in basement)
| Receiver      | Zone2  +-----+
+---------------+=======>| AMP |====>Sonance Whole-House audio (Both channels A and B (Don't know what A connects to yet))
  |         |            +-----+
+-----+    +---------------+
| CD  |<===| IR Connecting |<===IR receiver by basement TV
+-----+    | Block         |<===Sonance K2 Panel (Don't know how many other connections this device has, if any)
           +---------------+

Can't think of any more relevant connections off the top of my head.

You may be out of luck. The only info I found is that the keypad is no longer made or supported by Sonance. Have you tried contacting Sonance?

I contacted them yesterday (Through their web form) and asked if they could sell me a programming cable or, possibly, give me the pinout of the serial cable that was supposed to come with it. I have not gotten anything back yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…