Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with the 74ls93

Status
Not open for further replies.
necessarynoize said:
i have 2 74ls93...i want make 1 to be divisible by 8 and the other1 by 5..but i dnt know which 1 to connect..
hi,

THe 74LS193 is binary counter so you would use the Qc output, for a count of 8, of the first LS193 to drive the second LS193.

For a count of 5 you would need to detect when the second LS193 has counted to 6 say, thats Qb and Qc outputs, when this count of 6 is detected it drives the clear pin on the second LS193.

An 'AND' gate would be used to detect Qb and Qc.
If the the count rate is low, then a couple of signal diodes and a resistor could make the 'AND' gate.

As the the LS193 is a synchronous counter there are a number of ways to detect and restart for a count of 5.

Do you follow this OK.?

There is a way to count by 5 with the LS193 without using an external gate. You load in a count of 5 (Inputs ABCD=1010, A is the LSB) at the count of zero and operate in the count down mode.

Tie the UP and DOWN inputs to ground. Tie inputs A and C to +5V. Tie inputs B and D to ground. Tie the BORROW out to the LOAD input.

When the count reaches zero the BORROW output goes low which then loads the counter with binary 5 and restarts the sequence.

yes i follow but...

i really follow but iam trying to do a fruit machine project..i got a 555 timer feeding in to 3 74ls93. 1 is divisible by 9 so i managed to get that to work which then feeds to the 74ls47 then to the seven segment display..but am stuck on how to make the remaining 2 1 to be divisible by 8 and the other1 by 5....help plz..

ericgibbs said:
hi,

THe 74LS193 is binary counter so you would use the Qc output, for a count of 8, of the first LS193 to drive the second LS193.

For a count of 5 you would need to detect when the second LS193 has counted to 6 say, thats Qb and Qc outputs, when this count of 6 is detected it drives the clear pin on the second LS193.

An 'AND' gate would be used to detect Qb and Qc.
If the the count rate is low, then a couple of signal diodes and a resistor could make the 'AND' gate.

As the the LS193 is a synchronous counter there are a number of ways to detect and restart for a count of 5.

Do you follow this OK.?

necessarynoize said:
i really follow but iam trying to do a fruit machine project..i got a 555 timer feeding in to 3 74ls93. 1 is divisible by 9 so i managed to get that to work which then feeds to the 74ls47 then to the seven segment display..but am stuck on how to make the remaining 2 1 to be divisible by 8 and the other1 by 5....help plz..

hi,
Do you need to drive 7 segment display drivers 7447 with the output of these dividers.?

If Yes, then the down count suggested by 'crutschow' will give a count of 5 down to 0.

Can you post a block diagram of what you are trying to do with the dividers.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back