Help with wiring of relays

Status
Not open for further replies.

boddingtonsbob

can anyone please advise how to wire a couple of relays with a standard push button switch, to allow a thermostatic controller, when reaching a certain temperature, to send an input to the relay(s) and thus tripping the switch off. The key thing I want to achieve is that the switch/button switches off when sensing the 240v from the heat controller and stays off until manually re-set. cheers

thanks for reply. the thermostatic controller is a digital TC-10 temperature controller, that will be pre-set at a maximum temperature parameter. If and when that temperature is reached, i want the controller to cause the switch to trip, and stay off, and not to switch back on when temperature falls. i need the system to be manually started every time because of the temperature settings.

OK, so what you want is an overtemperature relay latching circuit. When the temperature exceeds a set point you likely want to open a main contactor to the heaters and have that latched open until a manual reset is applied. The basic start would look like the attached relay latching circuit but the N/O PB would be replaced with your thermostst overtemp switch. The PB could be left in as a test PB also. The NC PB resets the circuit once it is latched.

Additionally besides pins 1 & 3 relay K1 has other sets of DPDT contacts that can be used.

Ron

Attachments

• Relay Latch.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 163
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…