help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I promised a friend that I would provide them with a bigger homemade version of the Playstation (PS2) dance mat for a party (tomorrow!).

I hacked an original mat: its pads to stand on were printed with a conductive ink so that when you stand on them they creat a connection which is read as a 'button press' by the game.

In my version I have made my pads out of foil sheets which are connected by wires to the original board that runs into the PS2. all the connections are working fine - I have checked and doule and treble checked them all. Now that I've connected it to the PS2 though its not gettin g picked up..... does anyone know why. My guess is that perhaps the foil and wire (as there is so much more than just the ink on the original) is blocking the signal current...due to more resistance?

is this possible and if so does anyone have a clue how I might solve this? (is boost the signal current?)

please help if you can....thanks!

If you were to test the original mat with an ohm meter would an open switch look like infinite (or at least very high) ohms - and would the closed switch look like zero ohm (or close to it)? If so, is you new mat doing the same things?

I'm afraid that i canabalised the original to connect the pads to the PS2...

so I can't test that, however the new pads do that (ie infinate when open, zero when closed)

How are you keeping the foil from makeing contact when not being
stood on,its possible that one or more pads are connecting all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…