Help..=(

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhaud

am a student trying to do research regarding microchip.

what is commonly programming language used in it?
is java language ok?

No - by far the most common language is assembler, with C probably second, followed by BASIC - Java is probably never used?.

Agreed. I've never seen a Java used on a PIC. Assembler is definitely the language of choice for modest projects. C tends to be used on larger projects.

When working with dsPIC devices I tend to use both.

Thank You.. =)

i appreciate the help -- soo much.
got no knowledge bout it.

how bout the interface? i am to 'make' a gadget [ programmable gadget ] that is powered by a microchip. can java language be used for the interface or is it still the same..?

jhaud said:
i appreciate the help -- soo much.
got no knowledge bout it.

how bout the interface? i am to 'make' a gadget [ programmable gadget ] that is powered by a microchip. can java language be used for the interface or is it still the same..?

If you mean on a PC?, then you can use any language you like - it has no bearing on the micro-controller at all.

It's not very clear what you mean?, but I suspect you would have to write your own Java language for the target device (unless such a language was already available?, which is VERY unlikely).

ok..

i'm doing an experimental research right now. it is a programmable flashlight. so am going to embed a chip in it. i completely don't know what language to use.
my instructor told me that it should be programmable, can edit, add, delete, view certain things a user wish to.
that's it..

and do you have any idea regarding process model?

No where in that spec does it require a specific 'language', and I wouldn't have thought there's much to program in a flashlight!.

For a start you need to define EXACTLY what 'programmability' the flashlight needs - I can't see as there are many options?. There's certainly no need whatsoever for any 'language' to be involved in the programmability.

and do you have any idea regarding process model?

No idea!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
No where in that spec does it require a specific 'language', and I wouldn't have thought there's much to program in a flashlight!.

All computer controlled flashlights require a state machine to handle the various modes of operation it can be in: "ON" and "OFF"

high end programmable flashlights offer features like bulb temp limiter (HID and LED), programmable brightness modes (LED), low-battery warning, etc etc ... look through candlepowerforums for lots of flashlights with too many (imho) bells and whistles.

ok..

is candlepowerforums a site?

thank you though..

the device seem like a storage media of any material. the flashlight is just an extra benefit of the device.

the flashlight is just an extra feature/benefit of the device. the device is mainly design as storage media [ embed inside a flashlight ] of anything material or whatever..

phalanx said:
All computer controlled flashlights require a state machine to handle the various modes of operation it can be in: "ON" and "OFF"

and also can add, edit, delete, view the materials stored in it. am asking what programming language is used for that..?

jhaud said:
and also can add, edit, delete, view the materials stored in it. am asking what programming language is used for that..?

Whatever language you care to use (if available?) or invent!.

ok.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Whatever language you care to use (if available?) or invent!.

i still dont have the final selection but am hoping whatever it'll be -- it's the right one.

The only right language is the one that lets you finish your project and meet your goals. Other than that, it does not matter how you code your program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…