Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIS4204

Goodmorning to everyone from Greece!
I'd like to ask if someone has any idea how to make a thermometer for my aquarium.
Thank you for the replies
Friendly Christopher

CHRIS4204 said:

hi chris,
Can you give us an idea regarding temperature ranges/accuracy, do you want to control the temperature or just display it?

If displayed, how?

Do you have an existing system that could upgrade?

Regards

CHRIS4204 said:
The range i need is 20-30 celcius and the step ia 1 degree
I don't mind if it is displayed by leds

I see from your other post that you have electronics experience.

Do you want to use a PIC micro-controller as part of the project?

Iwould not like to use pc at any step bexause iheve not ever use it again(in electronics) so i do not know how. :(

CHRIS4204 said:
Iwould not like to use pc at any step bexause iheve not ever use it again(in electronics) so i do not know how. :(

The reason I have asked the question regarding the PIC, is because many members of the forum have experience in the measurement of tempr using a PIC and external ic's.
There are many benefits in using a PIC, especially if you require to display the tempr digitally on LED's.

I will look thru my files/web for a suitable circuit.

I expect that you will build the electronics, can you say what sort of budget cost you have in mind??

EDIT: looking thru the web its possible to buy aquarium thermometers, with min/max alarms, LCD digital display for £11GBP.

Last edited:
I know about the eshoping but i would like to build one myself.
Maybe if someone could help me i could start working with pcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back