Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIS4204

Goodmorning to everyone from Greece!
I'd like to ask if someone has any idea how to make a thermometer for my aquarium.
Thank you for the replies
Friendly Christopher

CHRIS4204 said:

hi chris,
Can you give us an idea regarding temperature ranges/accuracy, do you want to control the temperature or just display it?

If displayed, how?

Do you have an existing system that could upgrade?

Regards

CHRIS4204 said:
The range i need is 20-30 celcius and the step ia 1 degree
I don't mind if it is displayed by leds

I see from your other post that you have electronics experience.

Do you want to use a PIC micro-controller as part of the project?

Iwould not like to use pc at any step bexause iheve not ever use it again(in electronics) so i do not know how.

CHRIS4204 said:
Iwould not like to use pc at any step bexause iheve not ever use it again(in electronics) so i do not know how.

The reason I have asked the question regarding the PIC, is because many members of the forum have experience in the measurement of tempr using a PIC and external ic's.
There are many benefits in using a PIC, especially if you require to display the tempr digitally on LED's.

I will look thru my files/web for a suitable circuit.

I expect that you will build the electronics, can you say what sort of budget cost you have in mind??

EDIT: looking thru the web its possible to buy aquarium thermometers, with min/max alarms, LCD digital display for £11GBP.

Last edited:
I know about the eshoping but i would like to build one myself.
Maybe if someone could help me i could start working with pcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…