Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaliduob

hi
i am working in senior project. the problem that iam running out of time
and the submission time is so near. with your help i may graduate this simister

i want to sense wether a baby crying or not?!!!

so i need audio sensor detector. i looked for all circuits and tried to apply them but i faild. i am a computer engineering students and dont know about electronic issues. i stopped my research in this part and went to interfacing in VB5 using the serial port this is another challenge
but what iam caring about now is sensing baby sound(cry or not)...

note: i brought lm3915 and 741 but dont know if they help?!

one more thing instead of using electrit mic i brought a waki taki(( childs game). to put the talking end near of the child and the receiving end to my circuit using its output to the speaker (( if that will help and simplify))

with the details mentioned CAN ANYBODY HELP ME.....

i want to finish it today:eek: :eek:

I guess you can solve the problem using a computer and a microphone, pure VB code. A loud (more than certain level) and high pitched noise may trigger the software, assuming there is nothing else in the room that could make that awful sound.

First get the code working, then think about wireless and that stuff.

If you have a graphic equalizer, you may know at what frecuencies the baby tend to cry, and code the trigger according, to prevent the circuit to be confused by someone screaming (false positive)

Good luck with your poo-making machine!

**broken link removed** may save your day

Last edited:
Maybe your circuit will also detect dogs barking. They are a poo-making machine too.

You will find that many things produce the same frequencies as a baby crying so your circuit will produce a lot of false alarms.

Last edited:
dear Menticol and audioguru
really thanks for ur post
i will assume that the child will be in a quite place(( there parents will not through him in a noisy place))--> so although it is important issue but i can skip it because of no time

Menticol i am using spartan3 to analyse the sound... may be vb butter but in this case i have to start again frmo zero point(( but it is really interesting to do so ))
thanks again 4 trying to help

hey Menticol
your idea is great now iam feeling that it is the shortest way but is there any ready code in vb ( bcause i will just start studying vb tommorow :( )

Your a senior in computer engineering and you can't do this. Sounds like you need another semester, or was that simister?

Mikebits here, there is fifference between computer engineering,computer scinece and electricit engineering and i am requesting help not panshment:(

If the baby is in a quiet room, then it sounds like you are trying to detect noise above a certain decibel level, and not necessarily differentiate between loud breathing, and crying. There are many circuits in the DIY type of kits that activate a speaker, or a relay or open collector output using a microphone where you can adjust the sound sensitivity for triggering the output. Some of these are set to record a voice conversation from the phone when noise is present, and others are just listening for any sound, like a clap (ie The Clapper)

I am sure I can find several circuits of this nature if this is what you are looking for, and can't find any.

Last edited:
Mikebits here, there is fifference between computer engineering,computer scinece and electricit engineering and i am requesting help not panshment:(

Computer Engineer Job Description
When the word computer engineer is mentioned, the majority of the time the person is talking about computer software engineers. The other type of computer engineer is the computer hardware engineers. Computer software engineers deal with computer programs, solving programming problems, and writing algorithms according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Computer hardware engineers work with design and implementation of the computer's physical parts: the circuit boards, keyboards, monitors, etc.

From the above description, I am having trouble putting you into one of the above mentioned catagories, as you have not yet learned a simple outdated program language as VB5 and you are also are unable to implement simple hardware. Perhaps these shortcomings are due to the fact that you have used internet resources far too much up to this point.

Another semester will do you good, and next time, don't wait until the last minute.

Being a senior in college implies that your almost ready to land that big engineering job. Your post indicates something quite the contrary.

And if you do not wish to receive "panshment" then I suggest you do not ask others to do your schoolwork.

Last edited:
From the above description, I am having trouble putting you into one of the above mentioned catagories, as you have not yet learned a simple outdated program language as VB5 and you arre also are unable to implement simple hardware. Perhaps these shortcomings are due to the fact that you have used internet resources far too much up to this point.

Another semester will do you good, and next time, don't wait until the last minute.

Being a senior in college implies that your almost ready to land that big engineering job. Your post indicates something quite the contrary.

And if you do not wish to receive "panshment" then I suggest you do not ask others to do your schoolwork.

To ad on this reply:
Being senior means also planning and think a bit further than 5 days ahead

starting now for something that have to be finished tomorow is not realy thinking ahead

also trying to get something ready made as answer for your school project is not showing brightness

just a tip why don't you buy your diploma (also not the hassle of attending classes)

I would certainly like to help you, but I haven't found a way how to sense a baby who is not crying.

Sensing crying babies should be easy for you.

Connect a microphone to the stereo aux channel and pull the volume fully open. Put the speakers out in the garden. Even if you're not present the neighbors will alarm you because of the crying baby.

Boncuk

To ad on this reply:
Being senior means also planning and think a bit further than 5 days ahead

starting now for something that have to be finished tomorow is not realy thinking ahead

also trying to get something ready made as answer for your school project is not showing brightness

just a tip why don't you buy your diploma (also not the hassle of attending classes)

Hehe, How about this one.
Fake Diplomas Fake Degrees Fake Transcripts For College University High School GED

Hmm, I always wanted to be a Rocket scientist...

Last edited:
Damn! that hurt more than a nail on a slide! Altrough Mikebits is right, don't give up!!! Repeating the semester will give you the missing knowedge and organization, but it will not give you the balls to confront problems.

Probe yourself you have them!!

A simple chinese microphone is all the hardware you need. Get a cofee, visit planet-source-code.com,and try to understand how to adapt the existing code watching the examples. Use the Mcgiver side of your mind and get the thing working, at least as a beta version. No matter if a fart or a scream also triggers it, get the concept running, as peace of mind

Last edited:
Damn! that hurt more than a nail on a slide! Altrough Mikebits is right, don't give up!!! Repeating the semester will give you the missing knowedge and organization, but it will not give you the balls to confront problems.

Probe yourself you have them!!

A simple chinese microphone is all the hardware you need. Get a cofee, visit planet-source-code.com,and try to understand how to adapt the existing code watching the examples. Use the Mcgiver side of your mind and get the thing working, at least as a beta version. No matter if a fart or a scream also triggers it, get the concept running, as peace of mind

Was I being harsh. Damn, I thought I was nice, afterall it is the Fricken Holiday fricking season. Hell I had to take General chemistry twice, who said we are all Albert Einsteins? :D

Last edited:
Mikebits

you love fighting

OK then let me tell you that i love networking issues

here im learning general things after graduation i have to care about specifiec thing

i dont want to argue...

Its just that i decided to take 5 subject and the senior and finish them to begin a real life after graduation

AND YOUR ASSIGNMENT IS TO HELP ME.... NOW STOP FIGHTING AND FIGURE OUT A WAY

jmb4370 thanks for suggestion i will c if there is similar things that can b used

Menticol.... u r the best... but still ur idea about vb is wonderfull im searching around it

thanks alot

AND YOUR ASSIGNMENT IS TO HELP ME.... NOW STOP FIGHTING AND FIGURE OUT A WAY

PARDON

Nobody here on the forum has a obligation towards you

and I f you can't handle the critic on your behaivoir that is your problem and nobodys elses fault

If you want to detect a crying baby than I know a way to do that

be part of a forum and give a real life view on not grown up behaivour and the babys will cry like you do

you think the critic is harsh here a forum is just a miror from the real real life so prepare yourself as it will not go any softer in life

Robert-Jan

laaaast but not least

i could handle the problem.

thw sound level has been detected in 10 levels through LM3915

it was great

thanks for all even the fighter

for some people, i think that this forum availble for people to help each others
and some replies wasnt as it must.

I hope fo this forum great future

thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back