Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hey forum members, I need your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

Hey everybody, I have tried programming again, and so far everything has gone well. THe only problem is that DIPmicro is out of Inchworm+ :(, and I need at least the preprogrammed 16F877A and teh PCB. I can get the rest, but I was wondering is any michigander or Canahooligan could send me the PCB and the 16F877A. I can provide payment and the 16F877A if necessary.

Thanks alot! Hope to be building smart robots soon!

NOTE: This is not a sale or a purchase of a oversite product. I am simply asking for assistance.

Krumlink said:
Hey everybody, I have tried programming again, and so far everything has gone well. THe only problem is that DIPmicro is out of Inchworm+ :(, and I need at least the preprogrammed 16F877A and teh PCB. I can get the rest, but I was wondering is any michigander or Canahooligan could send me the PCB and the 16F877A. I can provide payment and the 16F877A if necessary.

Dipmicro has the board:
https://dipmicro.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=441

and the chip:
https://dipmicro.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=211

I'd buy it that way, but if I buy the whole kit I get the rest of the parts for a bit under five bucks. I could get some of it out of the junk box, but if I have to order the rest of the parts it'll definitely end up costing more than five bucks.

I might be able to help you with a programmed '877A when I get home this weekend. I'm located in Westland. Please send me a PM and I'll reply with my phone number...

Mike, K8LH

I was going to get the inchworm now, since It was back in stock, that way I wont have to go all around my suppliers looking for parts. Thanks for the very short thread but good replies

WOOT! The inchworm is on its way!

These are the chips I have (I am planning to program in C++ since my High school programs their robotz in c++)

16F88 x3
16F876A x4
16F877A x4
16F887 x3
18F4620 x3
16F628A x5
(I have some nice friends that gave me this stuff and the sample order :) THAT I DONT ABUSE ANYMORE :))

All I need now is some code and some good directions :)

Last edited:
C++ is not for microcontrollers. Microcontrollers have a somewhat specific C.
Also for C stick with the 18F series of PICs (the free student edition of C18 is excellent I'm told)
Getting a little assembly will help.

The Microchip C18 compiler is great, and as Blueroom said the 18F processors are reasonably well suited to C. The newer 24 series is even better suited to it, but a little harder to work with for newbies.

I have managed to program the 18F series with a bootloader using a modified JDM style programmer (just wired the right pins on a 28-pin ZIF socket for my 18F2550), so you don't even need anything complex to work with them. They're also cheap when bought in one-off quantities from Microchip Direct.

Regards,
Paul

How do I learn C from C++?

What is the point of you telling me to get 16F series of chips when you want me to use the 18F?

I just want to start programming...

such as?

Like what KIND of assembler (obviously some kind of 16F assembler)

Ok this is what I have:
16F88 x3
16F876A x4
16F877A x4
16F887 x3
18F4620 x3
16F628A x5
INCHWORM+
9PIN SERIAL CABLE
MPLAB WITH ASSEMBLER (full version is working now)

What do I need?
List it like above.

WRONG! You diddnt say C language :)

Really? So I write the program in C and use the MPLAB TOOLSUITE ASSEMBLER with it? Awesomely radical. All I need now is some CODE and PIC (i was thinking about the 16F628A) setup. How about a simple blinky mc light? (aka what is a basic stepthrough of creating a flashy mc led)

omg, I am going to eat your baby...

Ok what is some simple source code for a blinking LED on a 16F628A? and how do I save it under MPLAB? everytime I write a sad attempt at the easiest program ever, it doesnt save it right.

Krumlink said:
omg, I am going to eat your baby...

Ok what is some simple source code for a blinking LED on a 16F628A? and how do I save it under MPLAB? everytime I write a sad attempt at the easiest program ever, it doesnt save it right.

Nigel's tutorial, lesson 1 - - flashing LED code in assembler for a 16F628

Wouter van Oijen's page - http://www.voti.nl/blink/n_index.html - flashing LED code for lots of different processors (in Jal, which is a Pascla or Ada like language).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back