Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFD2 Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey i was reading the datasheet for this relay HFD2/005-M-D(555) when i came across:

**broken link removed**

1. Energize Terminals 1 and 16 to "set"
2. Reverse energize terminals 1 and 16 to "Reset"

#1 I understand of course... what gets me is #2 does this mean to actually reverse the voltage like if 9v was used to set it will i need to supply -9v to reset it?

Or just 0v to reset it?
Or switch + & - (polarities)

Sorry if this is a silly question...

Last edited:
Hey i was reading the datasheet for this relay HFD2/005-M-D(555) when i came across:

**broken link removed**

1. Energize Terminals 1 and 16 to "set"
2. Reverse energize terminals 1 and 16 to "Reset"

#1 I understand of course... what gets me is #2 does this mean to actually reverse the voltage like if 9v was used to set it will i need to supply -9v to reset it?

Or just 0v to reset it?
Or switch + & - (polarities)

Sorry if this is a silly question...

hi atom,
If its a typical latching relay, just reverse the polarity.

**broken link removed**

hi atom,
You could use a MAX232 to give the reversal required, simple bridge.

If you use the 5V version, you will need a couple of transistors or you could use a higher voltage relay that falls withing the MAX232 output current capability.

The 15V at 1125R = approx 13mA

Last edited:
Thanks i never would of thought of that neither do i really understand it lol... but i was testing it now and found out a simple reverse is correct i decided to use 2 i/o pins for it the same way you multiplex 2 leds on 2 i/o pins

just
RB5 = 1
RB4 = 0

That will turn on relay

RB5 = 0
RB4 = 1

Will turn it off

im not sure :D lol would be a nice and inexpensive part i assume. But the locality (ability to find it locally - i define incase i just made a word up :D im not sure) is not that. I would have to order online...

If anyone wanted to know what i will be using this for is to turn off/on a washer machine when a button is pressed. like my washer overfills my sink so im making a float switch that will

1. Send a warning sound that water might have over flown. (1 Beep per 3 seconds) for max of 30 Seconds.

2. Turn off washer for 30Seconds to 1 min
3. If switch is restored after the allowed off time turn on washer and continue wash.

I know its a bit much but im bored. And look around the house for things to do lol :D

im not sure :D lol would be a nice and inexpensive part i assume. But the locality (ability to find it locally - i define incase i just made a word up :D im not sure) is not that. I would have to order online...

If anyone wanted to know what i will be using this for is to turn off/on a washer machine when a button is pressed. like my washer overfills my sink so im making a float switch that will

1. Send a warning sound that water might have over flown. (1 Beep per 3 seconds) for max of 30 Seconds.

2. Turn off washer for 30Seconds to 1 min
3. If switch is restored after the allowed off time turn on washer and continue wash.
I know its a bit much but im bored. And look around the house for things to do lol :D

hi atom,
The contacts are only rated at 1Amp for a 125Vac supply, not beefy enough for a washer motor control.

I would have thought a latching relay is not the best option for a 'fail safe' controller.:)

hi atom,
Looking thru the datasheet, the relay only needs a 3mSec pulse latch/release.

A variant of this circuit will work.;)

EDIT: I tried to attach a GIF file, but it would not attach.????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back