hi need help in wireless sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
cadstarsucks said:
Interesting...I had not heard of the sound card hacks. This one was a free software scope... I have actually seen scope projects around that talk to A/D chips connect to the printer port.

All pretty limited though, if I recall correctly?, most of the hacks were based on the original offical Soundblaster card - although that may just have been because of their popularity?.

Essentially the only way to make a decent PC scope is to build an external digital scope without a display, and transfer the data to the PC just to display it.

Nigel Goodwin said:
All pretty limited though, if I recall correctly?, most of the hacks were based on the original offical Soundblaster card - although that may just have been because of their popularity?.
Your guess is as good as mine...
Essentially the only way to make a decent PC scope is to build an external digital scope without a display, and transfer the data to the PC just to display it.

That depends on just how much of a scope you want and what speed the signals are that you want to view.

It is easy to tie a fast ADC to a FIFO, delay off a trigger, then read the FIFO using your favorite interface. This I have done, though 100MHz ADCs and FIFOs are not exactly cheap. If you are only looking at the audio range the parts are inexpensive.

Every level of control is additional complexity. Higher speed and higher accuracy both mean higher cost.

Technically you should be able to stream data directly from the ADC through a USB chip, but if you do not need the high frequency response you can do a sort of vector compression first, or MP3 it if you are adventurous.

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…