Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hiiii

Status
Not open for further replies.
in my project i m using 2motors in series as shown in fig. and contrlling using relay.
now i want at a same time using another relay to drive motor in reverse direction.
in short, at once i want to drive motor in fwd direction and at once in reverse direction.
how to use second relay in my ckt????????
plz help.............

Attachments

• prjkt.JPG
    prjkt.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 142
You need to have access to the brushes or field windings.
By changing the polarity of one motor you won't change it's rotation.

You need to swap over the leads to the brushes, or the wires to the field windings.

What are you trying to achieve with this set up ?

RODALCO said:
By changing the polarity of one motor you won't change it's rotation.

Wouldn't that depend on the type of DC motor? That is, are they series wound, shunt wound, or permanent magnet?

The best advice may be to get more information, including what the OP is trying to accomplish, type of motors, and why in series vs. parallel? John

Are you talking about two individual permanent magnet DC motors connected in series or a series wound universal motor?

As RODACOL was saying, if it's a universal motor simply reversing the supply won't help, it will stay turning in the same direction, you need to reverse either the field or armature.

If you're talking about two permanent magnet motors, then why are you connecting them in series? As you appliy more load to one the other will speed up? I don't see how that would be beneficial.

What are these motors driving?

But what is the nature of the loads?

For example is this a remote controll car, robot or electric drill?

How big are the motors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back