Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HMI operator panels programmning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shohadawy

I'm a newbie to HMI operator panels programming. I'm asking about the addressing of the objects that you insert in the HMI operator panel designing software, What is the principle of addressing.... Shall it have the same addresses that I assign for my PLC operands? ... If you have any reference that explains the general principle of programming please send it to me

It depends on who's hmi / plc you are using. I will give one example an we can go from there. the most common way of interfacing a plc with an hmi in the indusrial world is called modbus. In modbus, you assign buttons, switches, indicators in your hmi to values like 00001, 10001, 40001, etc. The first number indicates whether you want to read, write a bit or a piece of data. As long as these match to the contacts, coils, data registers in the plc, and you have everything hooked up correctly and the comm protocols are set up the same on both ends, changing the state of an object in the hmi will change that same object in the plc and a change in a plc object will change the state of an inicator on the hmi side. I hope that helps, if not, try to be as specific as possible, I can probably help.

the most common way of interfacing a plc with an hmi in the indusrial world is called modbus.I hope that helps, if not, try to be as specific as possible, I can probably help.

Thanks for your helpful reply jnnewton, but I'm going to be more specific, I'm using an Exter T100 touch panel, a product of Beijer Co. , as an HMI. The PLC that I'm using is not famous enough, it is PICCOLO PL104 , a product of a Brazilian company called altus.

The Exter T100 gives me ways of addressing like M× & D× and I× . The operands that I'm using in the PLC takes the format %M×××× .Does this mean that I should use the M addressing type in the HMI.

In the attachments you will find a picture that displays the configuration of a touch key object in the HMI.

Attachments

• Config.JPG
    Config.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
well, although I cannot see more, I can see that from your picture, your Ix's are inputs, that would lead me to believe, although I have no way to be sure without a manual, that the Mx are coils (m is used as coils in some other plcs) and I would guess that the Dx's are for data. That would lead me to believe that the coil in your plc named M0001, or whatever your plc uses as a prefix for coils would be changed by a tag in your hmi called M0001 and an indicator for input 1 on the plc would be read by the tag in your hmi named I0001, although you should be aware that there could be an offset of one so that I0000 in the hmi corresponds to I0001 in the plc or vice versa. I would need a software manual for the plc and hmi to guide this any further, and would be willing to take a quick look if you need the help. I have gotten so much help from this site, I hope that I am / can do the same for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back