Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HN27256G eprom reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Do you know about any schematic, or ready made eprom reader able to read those eprom series?

I hooked it to a microcontroller with a role of adapter between it and a computer and wrote a program that scans all memory adresses and listens for the response on serial port, but I've got kind of corrupted data. (serial comunication is ok (baud rate ....)). I doubted about the delay time accorded to the eprom, but even with long delay, can't get it right.

Thanks.

Simple schematic here: 27c801 EPROM Programmer Project (sorry, this is a mod of the EPROMr project I was thinking of - seems to have disappeared off the planet)

It should really be easier just to use the microcontroller - reading the 27 series is straight-forward. If I recall, (which I probably can't), it's a case of holding /CS and /OE low (can just keep them low), then setting the address lines and reading the data lines.

Do you have a schematic & code for what you've tried? Perhaps you could upload it so that we might help you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back