HN27256G eprom reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Do you know about any schematic, or ready made eprom reader able to read those eprom series?

I hooked it to a microcontroller with a role of adapter between it and a computer and wrote a program that scans all memory adresses and listens for the response on serial port, but I've got kind of corrupted data. (serial comunication is ok (baud rate ....)). I doubted about the delay time accorded to the eprom, but even with long delay, can't get it right.

Thanks.

Simple schematic here: 27c801 EPROM Programmer Project (sorry, this is a mod of the EPROMr project I was thinking of - seems to have disappeared off the planet)

It should really be easier just to use the microcontroller - reading the 27 series is straight-forward. If I recall, (which I probably can't), it's a case of holding /CS and /OE low (can just keep them low), then setting the address lines and reading the data lines.

Do you have a schematic & code for what you've tried? Perhaps you could upload it so that we might help you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…