Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How a VCR head drum motor works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_electron

I would like to start making myself a propeller clock using VCR head drum motor (after browsing the internet and saw **broken link removed** website). I have found a VCR head drum and disassembled it. The VCR has two parts, one part is a brushless motor and another is a rotary transformer.
The problem is, I don't know how to make the brushless motor run and how to transfer the power to the spinning part. I have also look for the solution on the internet but could not find out. Would anyone please tell me your method??? Or please show me where I can get the documents???
I've attached the picture of VCR motor driver, please tell me the function of each pin. Because I have less knowledge of servo motor.
Thanks.

Attachments

• BA6411-BlockDiagram.JPG
    BA6411-BlockDiagram.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 2,439
Welcome to you,
In some VCR players I remember to have seen HALL Sensor and a combination of printed coil and Hall sensor used in the feedback loop of speed controller to get the needed sync effect, I suppose.

Hi there,
My motor does have a hall sensor, but which pin of the driver IC should i connect the hall to? That IC have 3 pins for hall sensors: hall 1, hall 2 and hall common. Maybe I will power the IC and the motor with 12vdc to see what happen (^^).
Any idea of transferring power from the stationary part to the spinning part of the rotary transformer??? I need about 7 volts and 200mA to power my circuit.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back