Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i write word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng.Abbasi

hello all
im a new user of pic and i have little problem with the number's digits i want to store number greater than 8 digit in binary (#>256) so is there any command other than 35 command or any method to do this .
Another question perhaps it answer the first question and it what is the difference between these command
1."Constant <name>=<value>",
2."Variable<name>=<value>",
3."<name_variable>set<value>",
4."<name_constant> equ <value>".
i'll be greatful if any one help
thx

In short -- No, there are no word instructions in the set of 35 instructions for the mid-range PIC Family.

I'll give you three guesses on how to read and write words to the register file, but the first two don't count.

For the other questions please read the MPASM manual which is a free download from the microchip website. If you don't know the URL for Microchip just remember "Google is your friend".

Last edited:
Can't you use C?

It'll make it much easier.

You simply use more than one GPR to store the number, use one for the lower 8 bits, and one for the upper 8 bits, to give a 16 bit variable. Use more GPR's if you need more bits.

It's up to your code how you use them, but it's simple enough to write code to use them as a 16 bit variable.

Well, I was kind of hoping that Eng.Abbasi would figure that out on his own. I and everybody else know that you know the answer. Patience man!

a great thank to all of you and especially for your care "papabravo"
and for Mrs."HERO999" i want to use c but i have only demo version of ccs is it enough or if there is any way else plz told me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back